Sunday, October 30, 2016

My resistance to blogging......

So, if I am totally honest with you, I have never been a fan of blogging....  Why, then am I all the sudden blogging?  Good question,  that I am still trying to fully answer.  Let me start by saying that I am a passionate supporter of Flipped Learning and have been a flipped educator for nearly 5 years!  I have been able to spread my love of flipped learning to several other teachers in my district and have even worked with another school district to help them begin to teach in a more 21st Century manner, utilizing some flipped learning techniques.

I was recently awarded the honor of being named one of the Top 100 Global Flipped Ambassadors by Jon Bergmann, who has been credited with starting the Flipped Education movement.  I am incredibly proud of this honor and really want to begin to spread my passion and knowledge to other teachers who want to try flipping.

I feel that I have a lot to offer other teachers, in the way of technology training, innovative ways to flip and how to run a fully personalized learning environment in your class.  I recently reached out to Jon Bergmann to ask how I could become more visible and perhaps start training other teachers and he gave me the valuable suggestion to start becoming more recognizable outside my school and more active on social media, starting with a blog.

I have always been one to try to stay humble and never want to be seen as someone who brags but I do feel really passionately that flipped learning is best for students and I truly want to help other teachers embrace this way of teaching!  I hope that by blogging, I can start to reach teachers away from the walls of my district!

No comments:

Post a Comment