Sunday, November 6, 2016

What's next?

So, now that I've been running a self-paced, flipped mastery math classroom, I am often asked what is next?  That is a good question.  I truly love teaching the way I do and passionately believe it is the right way to teach and best for the majority of students.  I think students are held to a higher level of accountability and can no longer hide in the classroom, not learning.  However, I am still struggling with what to do with the very unmotivated students who don't care or want to learn.  Maybe they would learn better in a direct instruction classroom where they are forced to listen?  But how do I do both?  That is my biggest struggle and I think it is a prevailing issue in our culture today.   How do you instill motivation?  I would really love to hear from others how you motivate students to want to learn and succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment